Being accused of a crime can be scary. It’s intimidating being taken to jail, booked, put in a jail cell to await a bail hearing, and then forced through the trial process in the criminal justice system. Fortunately, you have the right to an attorney to represent your interests and to look out for your legal rights.
It’s always a good idea to have a New Hampshire criminal defense lawyer representing you whenever you’re arrested for any crime. The experienced and knowledgeable New Hampshire criminal defense lawyers at Burns, Bryant, Cox, Rockefeller & Durkin can help.
New Hampshire Criminal Defense Cases
Any criminal charges in the state of New Hampshire can have serious consequences, from fines, probation, and community service to jail time. Without proper legal representation from an experienced New Hampshire criminal defense lawyer, you could make the wrong decisions during the investigation or prosecution of your case that could result in the consequences being much worse than they need to be.
From giving up your right to remain silent to failing to negotiate entry into a first-time offender or diversion program, if you try to represent yourself in a criminal case, you can do yourself a great disservice.
Seek assistance from us as soon as you’re under investigation for any crime. Throughout the course of the investigation and trial, we’ll help you in a number of ways, including:
- Advising you on what questions to answer when speaking to law enforcement and on your legal right to remain silent
- Ensuring your constitutional rights, including the right to be free from unlawful search and seizure, are not violated
- Assisting you in building defenses to the charges against you or in introducing reasonable doubt
- Helping you to negotiate a plea bargain
- Assisting you in exploring options for deferred sentencing or other alternatives that may help you to avoid a permanent criminal record
- Explaining all of your options and advising you on what the best course of action is for dealing with the charges against you
These are just some examples of the types of services that we can provide you when you need a New Hampshire criminal defense attorney.
Types of New Hampshire Criminal Charges
The experienced criminal defense lawyers at Burns, Bryant, Cox, Rockefeller & Durkin can assist you in the following situations:
- Driver’s license suspensions and dealing with driver’s license issues
- Drug charges
- Theft charges
- Weapons charges
We can represent you in actions in:
Our criminal defense practice is statewide, so wherever you are, we can represent you and help you to fight when you have been accused of a crime in the state of New Hampshire.
To learn more about the legal services we can provide to clients, contact Burns, Bryant, Cox, Rockefeller & Durkin today at 603-742-2332 or use the form to the right to get in touch with us. We represent clients facing all types of criminal charges throughout the New Hampshire area.