Experienced Portsmouth medical malpractice attorneys
If you were harmed as a result of medical malpractice in Portsmouth, you shouldn’t have to pay. These cases can be complicated. Negligent medical professionals often deny doing anything wrong. Insurance companies fight claims for compensation because they know there’s often a lot of money at stake. We can help you fight back.
Our Portsmouth law firm handles cases involving:
- Medication errors – Doctor or nurse errors can result in patients being given the wrong type or dosage of medication. Doctors may give patients medication that does not react well with other medications they are taking. Patients can become seriously ill as a result.
- Surgical errors – Surgeons sometimes operate on the wrong patient or the wrong part of the body as a result of medical errors. Other surgical errors involve surgeons harming internal organs or even leaving medical instruments in the body.
- Birth injuries – As a result of medical negligence, newborn babies and mothers can be seriously harmed. Children can be born with serious injuries or with birth defects.
- Diagnostic errors – A misdiagnosis or failure to diagnosis can lead to people suffering unnecessarily. Their condition can also get worse when proper diagnosis and treatment could have helped.
- Hospital injuries – When hospital workers are negligent, patients can suffer infections that make them seriously ill.
- Nursing home abuse and neglect – Seniors can suffer serious health effects if they are abused or neglected by nursing home staff members or fellow residents.
A Portsmouth law firm that gets results
Our Portsmouth legal team can investigate your case to get the facts. We can seek access to doctor and hospital records related to your treatment. We can identify and interview witnesses. Our lawyers consult medical experts who can help us determine if proper procedures were followed and accepted standards of care were met.
We are determined to help you recover the financial compensation you deserve, either through a negotiated settlement or jury verdict. This includes compensation for all current and future medical expenses related to malpractice, lost wages if you couldn’t work and other damages, such as pain and suffering.
If you were harmed as a result of medical malpractice, talk to the law firm that has been serving Portsmouth and the Seacoast region for more than 150 years. Contact us to schedule a free consultation with one of our experienced, Portsmouth medical malpractice attorneys. If you choose us to represent you, there are no fees to worry about. In fact, you owe us nothing unless we recover compensation.