These injuries can be permanent and cause significant trauma. Whoever caused your crash should be held accountable for their actions. Our attorneys at Burns, Bryant, Cox, Rockefeller & Durkin, P.A. can help you demand justice.
Most common severe injuries
When it comes to auto accidents, head trauma is one of the most serious forms of injury that occurs as a direct result. Whether it is a concussion, or bleeding in the brain, these injuries can cause serious, long-lasting effects and severely impact the victim's quality of life. Some of the most common injuries caused by motor vehicle accidents include:
- Concussions: Characterized by headaches, nausea, sensitivity to light and difficulty with balance, these are common and vary in forms of severity. The symptoms may appear directly after an accident or not become apparent for several days.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: These can easily lead to partial or total paralysis, leaving the victim's quality of life entirely changed. Types of spinal cord injuries include partial paralysis (paraplegia, paralysis of the lower half of the body) to total paralysis (quadriplegia, paralysis below the neck of all four limbs).
- Brain Injuries: In addition to concussions, other forms of traumatic brain injuries can be permanent and lead to disability, lack of facial movement and muscle control, and render a victim paralyzed.
- Burns: Fires are a common in many car and truck accidents. Burns can lead to nerve damage, severe disfigurement and a loss of quality of life.
- Internal bleeding and organ damage: Often not noticed right away, a bruise could be an indication of trauma to internal organs and internal bleeding.
Contact us if you've been injured
Serious injuries demand immediate attention. In the case of an auto accident that has resulted in a severe injury, you will soon see rising medical bills, lost wages from missed work and may need ongoing medical treatment and rehabilitation. You need legal help in order to be properly compensated. Your accident was not your fault. You shouldn't have to pay for someone else's reckless behavior. Contact us today. We can fight for your rights and demand justice.